Paris, November 4, 2020 – UGGC Avocats a leading business law firm, advised Amadéite SAS (holding company of the founder, Mr. Hervé Balusson) in its coordinated transaction with Motion Equity Partners to acquire a stake in the capital of the Olmix group, a specialist in natural solutions for sustainable agriculture, with a view to joint control through Bioalg Holding, the new controlling shareholder holding 95% of the capital and voting rights of Olmix. GCA advised Motion Equity Partners in this transaction.
Olmix is a global player in natural alternatives to chemical and pharmaceutical inputs used in agriculture. Founded in 1995 by Hervé Balusson in Brittany, the company has become a specialist in marine biotechnologies and green chemistry thanks to its expertise in the transformation and valorization of algae, the result of numerous investments in R&D.
Olmix has a range of innovative and recognized products, based on algae, clays, trace elements and organic matter, for two main markets
- Animal Care”: natural solutions used in animal nutrition and health, with a view to reducing antibiotics and chemicals;
- Plant Care”: natural solutions to improve soil structure, nutrition and plant health and reduce the use of chemical and phytopharmaceutical inputs.
Olmix products are distributed in more than 100 countries on 5 continents, via distributors and cooperatives. The Group relies on a network of 28 international locations and has nearly 650 employees. The Group will achieve a turnover of approximately €150m in 2019.
The team of UGGC Avocats that accompanied Amadéite SAS in this transaction was composed of:
- David Gordon-Krief (partner), Charles-Emmanuel Prieur (partner), Camille Hévin (associate) and Bernard de la Vallée Poussin (associate) in corporate and securities law,
- Marine Simonnot (partner) and Amélie de Martrin (associate) in corporate law,
- Michel Ponsard (partner), Nizar Lajnef (consultant) in competition law,
- Laetitia Squercioni (partner) and Maxime Kerneur (associate) in tax law,
- Karine Audouze (partner) and Amandine Racé (associate) in employment law.
Other counsel involved in the transaction
The GCA team that accompanied Motion Equity Partners in this transaction was composed of Alexandre Gaudin (partner), Damien Canali (partner), Thomas Brillet (associate), Aurélien Courty (associate), Coralie Chabira (associate) and Guillaume Oger (associate) in corporate law.
Motion Equity Partners was also advised by
- Delaby & Dorison Avocats with Emmanuel Delaby (partner), Romain Hantz (associate) and Clément Martin (associate) in tax law,
- MGG Voltaire with Marijke Granier-Guillemarre (partner), Paul Romatet (associate) and Léonor Gautier-Péronnet (associate) in employment law,
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP with Thomas Binet (partner) in financing law,
- Cohen & Gresser AARPI with Muriel Goldberg-Darmon (partner) and Guillaume Guérin (counsel) in securities law.
About UGGC Avocats
Created in 1993, UGGC Law Firm is one of the leading independent business law firms in France. UGGC Law Firm assists private and public operators. The firm has extensive expertise in legal and tax matters; through its teams and its family office, it offers a very large capacity of intervention in France and abroad (Europe, Africa, Asia and South America). UGGC’s approach is based on its ability to mobilise multidisciplinary teams adapted to its clients’ needs. UGGC Law Firm gathers more than 150 lawyers, including 32 partners.