Film, TV and audiovisual services, radio
The firm has a renowned expertise in film, TV and audiovisual services and radio law.
The team is particularly involved in all legal aspects relating to:
- Strategic, financial and legal arrangements and the structuring of cinematographic and audio-visual productions;
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts from the development to the exploitation of the works including without limitation:
- Contracts for the acquisition of adaptation rights; option rights; contracts for the development of works; contracts for the hiring of script doctors, scriptwriters, authors-directors, consultants; contracts for music synchronization and for the commission of original musical works;
- Contracts with performers, actors, technicians and casual workers;
- Contracts for the production of works and international co-productions;
- Contracts for the exploitation, licensing, distribution of works; contracts for the purchase of rights;
- Contracts for the assignment of assets;
- Bankruptcy and legal recovery of film or audiovisual services companies;
- Scope and operation of collective management organisations in France and abroad;
- Fight against copyright infringement;
- Regulations applied by public bodies (CNC, CSA, HADOPI, etc.);
- Broadcasting regulations (DTT, Sat/Cab, OTT, streaming, VOD, SVOD, etc.) and broadcasters’ obligations (quotas, financial contributions, media statutory windows, etc.).
The firm assists a variety of clients including:
- French and foreign audiovisual groups;
- Broadcasting organizations (including thematic television channels) ;
- Start-ups and suppliers of audiovisual services and content,
- Production companies,
- Producers of visual effects and virtual reality,
- Distributors and agents,
- Talent agencies and authors, writers, directors, actors, performers, TV presenters, photographers.
UGGC regularly participates in media industry events such as the Cannes Film Festival, the Venice Mostra, the Berlinale, the MIPCOM (International Market for TV Programs), the NATPE (National Association of Television Program Executives), the SWSW (South by Southwest), and the MFFF (MyFrenchFilmFestival).
The Firm is a member of numerous professional organizations, associations and clubs including: IAEL (International Association of Entertainment Lawyers), Observatoire de la Transformation Audiovisuelle, Club de l’Audiovisuel, Cercle Culture et Médias, Médiaclub, ACEECCA (Association des Conseils et Experts Européens du Cinéma et de la Communication Audiovisuelle), MLRC (Media Law Resource Center), IFTA (Independent Film & Television Alliance) arbitration panel.
Discover our team